Synapse Private Tuition
Modification of Terms
Booking and payment
Sessions will be charged at the rate advertised on this website, which may increase around exam time for Pay As You Go clients. We guarantee to keep the price constant throughout your time with us where block bookings are made (payment in advance).
• Payment for regular tuition is by cash, PayPal or bank transfer 7 calendar days prior to start of each lesson.
• All ad hoc/holiday tuition is payable in full within 24 hours of booking.
• By booking a regular term time slot you agree to pay for and attend all available sessions on your chosen day/time each term with the exception of pre-booked absences – see below for details.
• Minimum numbers are required for group and paired tuition.
You are solely responsible for your conduct whilst on our website and at our teaching address, and agree to abide by all laws, contracts, intellectual property and third-party rights.
• Cancelled/missed sessions are non-refundable. Where available, a free of charge replacement session will be offered in another cancelled session during that same week. Replacements are not guaranteed.
• Free of charge replacement sessions do not apply to ad hoc/holiday tuition, ‘no shows’, or cancellations made with less than 24 hours’ notice.
• Sessions cancelled by me and not rescheduled will be refunded in full or credited to your account.
• Cancellation of the tuition contract to be made in writing/email by the last day of term, for the following term.
• Pre-booked term-time absences will not be charged for if you inform me at least 1 week prior to your lesson.
• If pre-booked absences exceed 3 sessions per term tuition may be withdrawn.
• To avoid the spread of illness to students with compromised immune systems, any student with an infectious illness which would require them to be absent from school should not attend tuition in person. However, an online session will be offered at the time of their normal session (1:1 tuition only) if they are well enough.
• Places for each academic year can be reserved in advance with a non-refundable deposit of the cost of one session. This will be deducted from the first lesson.
Timekeeping and parental involvement
• All sessions are 60 minutes teaching time, unless otherwise specified.
• Written feedback can be provided if required by the student, parent or guardian.
• I am always available for questions between sessions via email and aim to respond within 24 hours Monday-Friday.
• I reserve the right to charge for meetings in person or via phone/online requested outside of session times.
• Sessions may not be recorded (audio or video) without prior consent from myself.
• Parents/carers are welcome to ask for verbal feedback after each session. Just let us know.
• Session times are as mutually agreed and persistent late arrival or pick up will mean a charge may be payable.
• It is parents’ responsibility to provide details of any allergies, special needs or medical concerns which they deem important while the student is at tuition.
• I take no personal responsibility for individual exam results but will endeavour to offer my professional advice and opinion regarding likely outcomes.